Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello? Yes, this is Blog!

Okay, first of all, I'm sorry I haven't posted in--checks desktop clock--two weeks?! Yikes. Forgive me. This blog post is going to be all over the freaking place.

A lot has happened over the past two weeks that would take a whole day to rant over. In all the world of cliches, hopes, dreams, motivation and stagnation, nothing quite takes the proverbial cake as the word "little."

This inconspicuous little (ha, ha!) word has plagued artists for...well...a long time. See, when you have a passion--be it wood-working or painting or writing--the one thing you loathe more than people standing around the refrigerator at work when you're dying of thirst is when someone demeans your work.

For instance, "Are you still writing that little book of yours?"

Or...

"I loved that little painting you did."

Or...

"I saw that little wood-work piece at the gallery yesterday."

The only response that comes to mind when someone says this to me begins with the letter "F" and ends in the letter "U." I'll let your imagination run with that little gem. Honestly, demeaning something which someone poured their heart and soul into is one of the worst insults a person can hurl. Incidentally, the whole business makes me want to hurl.

*Claps hands together*

Okay! On to less ranting and more doing (why I thought of a Home Depot commercial just now is beyond me...).

I started a new (sort of) business last week. My website is now host to a "Cover Design" area. So far, I've designed covers for three of my books and another book for a writer friend of mine.





I'm actually having a bit of fun with that old graphic design degree gathering dust in my closet! I'll be on a boat to Alaska in T-minus four days, but I'll be thinking about writing. And I'll have a notebook with me so I can finish Shattered Dreams. My hope is to have it out by September 20th.

Oh, and if you need or know anyone who needs some cover art done, just drop me an e-mail via my website.

Enjoy, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job Amy! Keep it up! There are a lot of authors out there who need covers! That graphics art degree of yours might just become lucrative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! I knew it would come in handy one day! ;-)

      Delete