Tuesday, May 8, 2012

In Alpha Order: Brendon, Jack, Julian, Kevin, Malcolm, and Martin

Taking a point from one of my fellow 238'ers, I have decided to fill all of you in on each male main character from my books. Of course, they all vied for the top spot (even though I TOLD them it was in alphabetical order), and surprisingly enough, the top spot goes to the one guy who's too modest to admit he's great.
  1. Brendon James: Forty-three-year-old car mechanic who never finished high school. Life was normal for Brendon until the outbreak of a mutated rabies virus turned the world's people into rabid, flesh biting monsters. I love Brendon because he's so humble. One of Brendon's best lines:
    • "My best friend and boss always told me I was perfect candidate to be a model, but I’d never trade engine grease and hard work for makeup and magazine covers; that’s just not me."
    • Appeared in RVE025 (horror/science fiction).
  2. Jack Hess: writer extraordinaire. Jack's first marriage crumbled when his "promiscuous" activities at book signings got him in trouble. But when he met Lisa -- fifteen years his junior -- all that stopped. Jack is a recluse; he doesn't like crowds, hates the dark, and is prone to horrible migraine headaches. One of Jack's best lines:
    • He searched around, fumbling on the wall for the light switch. When he located it, he flicked it on, but nothing happened. He teased the switch a few times, but to no avail. “What is this, a horror movie?”
    • Appeared in Under the Glass Dome (paranormal/suspense).
  3. Julian (no last name): How do I describe Julian? Ah, yes. Julian is millions of years old. Normally, he floats around between dimensions, ferrying people into the afterlife. Well, he's more of a taxi driver, really -- exchanging energy for GPS coordinates. When Julian does have a body, he enjoys food, banter, and rhetoric. One of his best lines:
    • “How I would love to take you with me. You wouldn’t believe how uninspiring dead souls are.”
    • Appeared in The Death of My First Assignment (YA Paranormal).
  4. Kevin Carter: Kevin is a six hundred-year-old wraith in a forty-year-old human body. He used to haunt humans, taking their souls in exchange for bogus offers. But when an assignment went awry, he ended up staying human, liking it much better than stealing souls and consuming bodies. But Kevin's secrets go far deeper in the sequel to The Death of Me. One of his best lines:
    • “Okay, guys, what I want you to do is just make a quick film about the book. It could be anything from a ten minute scene off the pages to a completely separate idea. I don’t care what you do, as long as you’re within guidelines and type the damn thing up. If I get a hand-written assignment one more time, I’ll have to kill all of you.” (which is, consequently, his first line).
    • Appeared in The Death of Me (YA Paranormal).
  5. Malcolm Holmes: My personal favorite male character and the one who I personally wished to get the top spot. Alas, he is number five in the alphabetical mix. Malcolm is the epitome of English -- with his gravelly thick voice and premature silver hair. Woman from countries away flock to his charm. Unfortunately, Catherine has decided against sanity and fallen in love with him. One cannot fall in requited love with Malcolm. It takes several books for the two to actually "click". One of his best lines:
    • He whistled lewdly at her. “You’re still a knockout, Love.”
    • “Oh, please.”
    • “A perfect ten.”
    • “You can stop now.” 
    • “What if I don’t want to stop?”
    • Appeared in A Cure Series (six books of varying genres)
  6. Martin Krane: My Martin. I do love Martin almost as much as I love Malcolm. Martin is three-hundred years old, perpetually stuck in the body of a eighteen-year-old. Martin is sweet and kind, but loves to tease. When he loves, he loves with his whole heart. But watch out, the kid is full of trouble. One of his best lines:
    • “You’re just so damn cute in the morning it’s hard not to be motivated.”
    • Appeared in The Death of Me (YA Paranormal)
Any questions? I didn't think so. Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment