Thursday, April 19, 2012

Today is a Good Day

Today is a good day. It started off with a harmless enough Facebook post in my writer's group, "The Few, The Proud, The 238." This post is as follows:

"In high school, I dated a guy who had a twin brother. At the time, I KNEW which one he was because his brother was weirder than he was. Now that I have them both on my Facebook, I can't remember which one I dated. Is that bad?"

In my opinion? Yes, that is very bad. Specifically if either one of them sees that. Of course, what followed was a barrage of comments from my fellow writers. Some of them were:

"i dont know. i'm too busy laughing! :D" and "your twin comments were so good that I posted them on my wall. They're so funny that they've already gone viral. It'll help your career, if not your self-esteem."

I just love all my fellow 238er's. They are actually some of my best friends even though I've never met them.


Anyway, on to more news at hand.

So! Last we left off, I was searching for that all-elusive "yes." On Monday, I sent a new and improved query to a smaller agency. About six hours later, I got a partial request. My first request! Woo-hoo! I know it doesn't mean much because people usually get many requests before they even get some personal interest. But, it helps my ego and self-esteem that someone liked my query enough to want to read the first fifty pages.

Guess I know which query to send out now, huh? So, I wrote a paragraph to pull the reader in, and submitted my query to ten more agents the next day.

It's now Thursday and I have yet to hear anything. Impatient? Damn right.

No comments:

Post a Comment